Answered By: Robert De Giovanni Last Updated: Oct 22, 2020 Views: 12
Answered By: Robert De Giovanni
Last Updated: Oct 22, 2020 Views: 12
What is plagiarism?
Plagiarism is considered serious and applies to intentional and unintentionally presenting other people's work as your own.
Examples of plagiarism:
- Directly copying sentences, paragraphs or other information without appropriate referencing, this includes:
- published or unpublished documents
- sounds, images, photographs and films
- data and computer code
- Paraphrasing someone else’s work without referencing
- Using facts, information and ideas directly derived from an identifiable source without referencing
Tips to avoid plagiarism:
- Use the ideas of others sparingly - to support and reinforce your own ideas. Avoid copying and pasting.
- Keep track of your citation information for each item you use, start when taking notes.